MAKEUP MAKEOVER

Due to the tittle of this post you may think I'm going to post about the latest mascara and how much volume it gives to your lashes. But actually I'm not even going to speak about the benefit of any product at all. Not bronzer, blush, eyeliner. Nah. Nothing. Nada. (Unless you want me to in another post ill gladly share my makeup routine). 


Rather I will focus on the importance of cleaning up your products before using them, and making sure to throw out the old ones so they don't rot out your sparkly shining makeup bag.

1. How often do you clean out your brushes? hair brush, tooth brush or bronzer blush, they all need a revamp after a certain amount of time. I like to feel it out depending on how often I travelled around with them, or where I've placed them...etc. But I strongly suggest you change them entirely once in a while its really important for your health. What do i mean by that? 


A toothbrush sitting around in a bathroom collects bacteria super fast. We don't realize because it's invisible, but its still there!! (just like GD but that's for another post)



A hair brush hello do you realize how much dead skin it holds? That's just nasty and probably impure hence why one may not touch their hair during Torah study. Also the hair just gets collected until it becomes a huge hairball and you don't even see your hair any more. So for hairbrushes just make sure to constantly remove the hair. You don't need to get a new one as often.





A bronzer/ face brush. Wow- Where do I even begin for this one? It's probably the one that's most important to thoroughly clean out because you're using it on your face! Sometimes I used to wonder why I broke out so often even though i ate healthy and washed my face consistently. And the answer was: dirty face brush. Your literally shmearing all that crap on your face. So be careful, make sure you wash it often and change it often as well. I wash mine with shampoo and make sure to towel dry it very well, because dust particles love to shine on wet brush bristles. 





2. Mascara. Bacteria not only grows on the brush, but in the bottle as well and surprisingly on your very own lashes too. Hence the importance of washing your face twice a day. So change your mascara it is crucial. Every time you take it out and put it back into the bottle it collects more and more bacteria, and eventually dries out and obviously has even more bacteria than ever. So happens to be when my mascaras dry out, I use them as eyebrow shapers, but not for long. 


3. Lip gloss, Lipstick, Chap stick- anything you spread or dab onto your lips. That also needs a renewal. Your lips aren't always clean when applying lipstick. This means that whatever remnants was on your lips is now on the lipstick, which you have closed and put away for next time you want to put it on. Similar to mascara, it collects dust. 





4. Creams. Beware, creams actually do expire, and if worn then may cause you to break out. Always be cautious as to what you apply on your face (and body).


Hope that helped guys! Enjoy giving your makeup a makeover 😉
xoxo
Hassidic Hipster Girl

Comments

Popular Posts