TZNIUS IS HARD AF

Hey Guys,



Just wanna share another little rant. Tznius is hard. hard af. 
Waking up everyday and making sure we are covered according to the guidelines or at least close to before leaving our homes is extremely challenging. Especially when one of the reasons we are staying modest and covering up our bodies is just so men can stay focused. I mean like wth? And don't tell me it's for yourself because as we know if we were to be amongst women the laws are a lot more linient. It's all about making sure were covered and tznius because hey there are men around! This has bothered me for ever, and will always continue to bother me. 

I've spoken to countless people who think they're experts reguarding this issue but at the end of the day tznius is a very personal thing and everyone has their own comfort level. The torah has made black and white guidelines for us, which for some of sound extreme depending on what communities we come from. 

I'm not encouraging everyone keep their own standards and stay where they are because at the end of the day staying where you are actually means going backwards and falling low one step at a time. If we don't strive to grow we will not only remain in one spot, but go down spiritually.

Now. How to resolve this issue? Idunno. If you have some insights please feel free to share in the comments below. I feel like tznius as beautiful as it is its still very restricting, limiting and prevents me from expressing myself fully. tznius is not only how we dress but how we behave as well. I'm an actress, I had a vine account and use to do really daring and creative things on there. Whats wrong with that? But all of a sudden its no longer appropriate? Why cuz your getting older? age is just a number. Its us who choose to be mature and act according to social norms. But what if were different? And flat out I am. And why is sticking out and not following social norms not ok? It should be not only perfectly fine but encouraged because we should embrace who we are as oppose to getting lost into the cookie cutter format that society has created for us.

Be you, Be real. Be tznius, but if you aren't ready to take certain laws upon yourself definetally do not force it or else you will feel as if you are being controlled by society. The choice needs to come from you. That is the true service of Gd. Not dictatorship.

Yes, I do have a modest fashion blog. you realize I didn't call it tznius because I do not always follow the halachic guidlines because that would require not flaunting the photos of your dressed body on the internet. Everyone has their level, we must embrace who we are and grow from there. If it was easy everyone would do it. #tznius 

oh and remember BE DIFFERENT and SHINE SO BRIGHT.




Comments

Popular Posts